I was tagged by Julia from Picnic Reads to do this tag:
- What’s your favourite book you have read this year?
WHY MUST YOU ASK THIS JULIA?! But if I had to choose, I guess it’d have to be A Court of Mist and Fury, The Grisha Trilogy, The Winner’s Trilogy, The Raven Cycle, Nevernight, Half Bad, Simon VS The Homo Sapiens Agenda and The Goddess Test series. I know these are a lot but I can’t choose just one.
- What’s a book you are so excited for in 2017, you are thinking of/have pre-ordered?
I am very excited for Sierra’s debut The Colour Project. She’s a sweet girl and I am sure her book is just a lovely and wonderful as her. I’m also excited for A Court of Wings and Ruin, more of Cassie’s releases such as Lord of Shadows and more novellas and also for The Dark Duet. SO MANY BOOKS WILL BE RELEASING! GOODBYE MONEY.
- A book that you plan to read in 2017 because it’s been sitting on your TBR for SO LONG?
I am going to read Six of Crows in January with Sprinkled Pages. Six of Crows hasn’t been on my TBR for long but it’s been over 4 months so I’m making it count.
- Do you buy books or borrow books (e.g. from the library) more often?
I think majority of my books are borrowed from the library. I’ve only recently bought books as I buy books I know I will enjoy or that I have read before. The library is basically my second home.
- What are some of your favourite things about book blogging?
Definitely not posting. I struggle with that a lot. But I love writing posts because I put me into it. I’ve also loved writing, but I am nowhere near creative so I can never write a whole novel. Blogging gives me the opportunity to do what I love without having to create characters and plots and stuff. I also love meeting other bloggers and reading what they think on different topics.
- Favourite genre and why?
I have heaps of favourite genres. I’m also writing a post on this soon. I’ve written it already, it’s only a matter of finally posting it. But I love any type of retellings, especially Greek mythology. They just appeal to me. I promise I post about this will be posted soon.
- If you could make a candle for one of your favourite characters, who would it be & what would you put in it/ how would it smell?
Ronan Lynch from The Raven Cycle is one of my faves ever! I think he’d smell like rain or spring because of his connection to the forest.
- Apart from books, what is another thing you love?
I love photography, music and watching movies. I also like shopping (as in window shopping) but not buying because I feel like it’d be a waste since “I don’t need it”. I am also obsessed with stationary, especially cute stationary items.
- Why do you think reading diversely is important? Recommend some of your favourite diverse books!
I’ve recently realised that I don’t read diverse books as much as I should. I know it is important, because I would like to see me represented in a book and to learn about other cultures through the art of storytelling. I have read some diverse books, and some I’d recommend are Simon VS The Homo Sapiens Agenda, Laurinda and You Know Me Well ( I enjoyed it, but the storyline kinda fell flat for me).
- A book (publishing in 2017) that’s cover you can’t take your eyes off?
Lord of Shadows (no I have not read Lady Midnight, oops), Caraval, Our Dark Duet, The Upside of Unrequited and King’s Cage.
And now here are my questions:
- Most anticipated release of 2017?
- What was the last book you gave 5 stars to and why?
- Last book you DNFed?
- How do you bookmark your pages? (as in do you use a bookmark, dog ear, use receipts etc.)
- Favourite time of the day to read?
- If you got to choose one fictional character to be your best friend, who would it be and why?
- Favourite bloggers or bookstagrammers? I’d like to discover more accounts/blogs
- Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?
- Favourite book series you’ve read in the last 6 months. If you haven’t read a series during this time, then favourite book series ever.
- Who are your auto-buy authors?
- When is your birthday? (not bookish related but I love remembering people’s birthdays.)
If you end up doing this, please link me your post or tag me because I’d love to see it 🙂