Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Talk about the meaning behind your blog’s name.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Backstory of Igniting Pages:
I was bookstagramming way before I started my blog. I decided to start a blog when I started to read other people’s blog and I fell in love with the concept of writing about the things I love – books. I also wanted a way to document my bookish life, and this was the perfect way to do so.
So the story behind this name is really unoriginal and boring haha. But when I read the Shatter Me trilogy, I fell in love with it, and changed my Instagram username to reference the last book in the trilogy. Hence, Igniting Pages. I know, I know. How unoriginal. But then I changed my username on Instagram, which is why my social media handle names are completely different to my blog and email.
Advice for new bloggers:
I’m fairly new to blogging myself but I can give some tips. Post consistently. Even if it’s just once a week, try to post so that you can engage your audience. And be yourself in the posts. I first started off being so formal. Now I write as me, and I prefer to do this because it sounds more genuine.
Comment and follow other blogs. Not only will this allow you to form new friendships, but it will also help to get your name out. I’m terrible at keeping up with blog posts, but I try to do it at least once a month and I’m trying to find a way to fit blog reading into my life schedule.
Jess @ Books and Bobs
Maha @ Younicorn Reads
Dominque @ Pirates and Pixie Dust
Thank you for reading! Love you all ❤