Hello friends! Today I will be discussing my TBR for The Reading Quest challenge.
This reading challenge is hosted by Aentee (Read At Midnight) and runs from the 13th of August to the 10th of September 2017. This challenge sounds fun, and I love An’s challenge because they’re engaging and unique. To find out more, click here to go to her introduction page. Also, any artwork from that post was done by CW, who is an amazing artist! One of her drawings is my phone background – that’s how much I love it. Anyways, moving on to the actual post aha.
So to briefly summarise this challenge, we just have to complete a bingo based on a character. The centre pieces are just extra challenges. By completing a challenge, you earn points (all of this is detailed in An’s original post). Below is the bingo board which looks AMAZING!
I’ve chosen to be a mage, meaning my bingo will be the first column down. Here is my character card:
And without further ado, here is my TBR for my mage quest:
- A book with a one word title: Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi or Vicious by V. E. Schwab – depending on my mood at the time.
- A book that contains magic: The Sorcerers of the Wildeeps by Kai Ashante Wilson, I’m not sure if this has any magical elements, so I have A Conjuring of Light by V. E. Schwab as a reserve, just in case.
- A book based on mythology: Seven Tears At High Tide by C. B. Lee
- A book set in a different world: Our Dark Duet by V. E. Schwab (I know, so much Schwab books ahah)
- The first book of a series: Splintered by A. G. Howard – this one might change depending on my mood
Along with these books, I’m hoping to read a few others from the middle section. I don’t think I’ll be able to cover all squares, but I have a book down for each just in case.
- Potions (a book concocted by two authors): Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
- Time Warp (a book set in either the past or future): Want by Cindy Pon (I’m 80% sure this is set in the future)
- Expansion (read a companion novel or short story): Break by Helen Scheuerer or The Gift by Helen Scheuerer – both a prequels to Heart of Mist, which I enjoyed immensely
- Multiplayer (buddy read a book): The Bear and The Nightingale by Katherine Arden – I’m hoping to buddy read this with my parabatai, Anisha ❤
- Open World (read whatever you want): Undecided for now
- Mini game (read a graphic novel, novella or poem collection): Saga Volume 4 by Brain K. Vaughan
- Grind (a book with 500 pages): Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (I don’t think I’ll read this during the challenge aha)
- Respawn (read a book you previously DNFed): Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Animal companion (book referencing an animal in the title): I have none in mind at the moment. Any recommendations?
And that’s all. My overly-ambitious TBR for this reading challenge. Will you be participating? If so, what books are you excited to read?