Hello friends! Today I thought I’d share with you my top 9 favourite books ever (in no particular order) in hopes that it will encourage you to read them too, because they are amazing and I love them! So here is my list:
- Not Your Sidekick by C. B. Lee: This series is amazing and underrated so I think everyone should read it because it’s amazing and diverse and has superheroes. It features characters on the LGBTQIA+ spectrum, characters trying to discover their sexuality and POC. And Not Your Backup is coming out soon, so you have time to start this series too 😉 Also it is own voices as the author is Vietnamese-Chinese and is bisexual herself.
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde: This was one of the most cutest and relatable contemporaries ever! The whole story is basically quotable and the friendship between the three characters are just so sweet and beautiful. Please read this because it is worth the read and it features a Chinese character, characters on the LGBT+ spectrum and a plus-sized character with Asperger’s and anxiety.
- The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F. C. Yee: I loved this book as it had a twist on the Chinese folklore story, and I loved learning about the story through this novel. To know more about this amazing book, you can read my review here, but it’s an amazing act-packed novel filled with demon-fighting whilst trying to balance school life.
- Seven Tears At High Tide by C. B. Lee: Is it cheating that C. B. Lee is on this list twice? But I love her books so I couldn’t not put both her books on this list. This books is about a boy who wishes for love when he sits at the ocean and his wish is granted by a Selkie. I think it’s definitely worth checking out, and it features characters on the LGBT+ spectrum, mostly focusing on a gay relationship.
- Simon VS. The Homo sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli: I also love this cute fluffy contemporary which features a closeted gay boy and his coming out story. It features platonic boy-girl friendships and close family bonds. It’s just so CUTE and the movie Love, Simon is coming out soon, so you should definitely check it out!
- A Quiet Kind Of Thunder by Sara Barnard: This is a cute love story about a mute girl and deaf boy and I just love it so much. I find that Steffi is also relatable, and it is a quick fast-paced read too! I think it’d be a good read to get you out of a reading slump.
- Shades of Magic series by V. E. Schwab: I ADORE this trilogy so much, from the beautiful writing, to the loveable characters, to the magical worlds. I’ll be honest, ADSOM wasn’t the best for me, and I nearly didn’t continue reading this, but I gave AGOS a try and adored it, and now I love this trilogy with every fibre of my being.
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson: I’ve recommended a few contemporaries and fantasy, so now I’m going to rec one of my favourite graphic novels ever. Nimona is the cutest story ever and I loved the art and dialogue! I think going into it without knowing what it is about is the best way to enjoy it because you’ll never know what’ll happen next! I feel a reread is in order for this.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas: This is such a heartbreaking and emotional story and everyone needs to read it. It is about an African-American teenager coping with the death of her best friend, and her life in a “prestigious” school and her home life.
- Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi: I love this series – the characters and the lyrical writing. I cannot wait for the next instalment to come out in March as well, and if you have yet to pick up this series, please do! It’s very quick paced and fun!
And that’s all I have for you today! Have you read any of these books? Which one was your favourite? Or what is/are your favourite book(s)?