Hello friends! Today, as the title suggests, I will be telling you what popular books that are not on my TBR, whether because I’ve seen negative reviews for it, or the synopsis just doesn’t draw me in. I apologise if one of the books on the list is your fave, maybe one day I’ll try to read them, but right now, it’s likely I will not.
And without further ado, here are 5 books I will not be reading:
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber: I’ve heard mixed reviews for this book, but from the people I trust, none of them have liked it and the reasons why have put me off this book too.
- Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor: Look, I’ve tried Laini Taylor’s books before and didn’t love them, and Strange the Dreamer is a massive book and I don’t want to invest my time in it when I didn’t love the author’s writing before. But this is a book that I might pick up on a whim, because the synopsis (and fanart) do intrigue me.
- Cruel Prince by Holly Black: I was interested in this book back when it was everywhere, but after hearing reviews on it, I don’t think I’ll be picking this up anytime soon. It has aspects that I don’t like, such as bullying.
- Warcross by Marie Lu: Marie Lu is a hit and miss for me, and though I appreciate that she is an Asian author, I don’t think I’ll be picking this one up because her writing isn’t really for me and the synopsis isn’t that intriguing.
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyers: Okay, not ever going to pick these up even though I see them all the time at bookstores and the library, because it doesn’t sound like something I’d read and I dislike love triangles, unless they’re done SUPER well.
And that’s all I have today. What are some books you don’t think you’ll be reading? Have you read any of the books on my list?