Hello friends! Today I shall be talking about some popular books in which I think deserve the hype and are amazing. Usually I tend to avoid hyped books because I tend to be disappointed by them, unless a good friend or a reviewer I trust has recommended it to me and think I’d like it. I might even pick up hyped books if the synopsis sounds interesting and something that I’d read.
In this post, I’ll be listing books that have a Goodreads number of ratings of above 50,000, at least that’s what I’m considering a hyped/popular book and they will not include series on a whole. Meaning, I’ll include standalone or if I didn’t love the series, then my favourite of that series.
And without further ado, here are 7 hyped books that I loved:
- Simon VS The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (was anyone surprised that this was on the list aha)
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- The Iron King by Julia Kagawa
This was so hard to narrow down, but I managed to do so by not including my favourite series, otherwise, this would be a pretty long post.
What are some popular books that you love? Are any one my favourite yours as well?