Hello friends! To celebrate Pride Month, I will be recommending you some of my favourite books with LGTBQIA+ protagonists. I’ll leave this symbol, * , to let you know if the books is an own voices one! Stay tuned for a future post on some of my TBR books that I want to read that includes characters on the LGTBQIA+ spectrum. Also, click on the book covers for the BookDepository link!
So without further ado, here are 8 of my favourite LGTBQIA+ reads:
- Not Your Sidekick by C. B. Lee*: Is anyone even surprised I mentioned this? Jess, the protagonist is a bisexual Chinese-Vietnamese teenager with superhero parent. Please go read this! It’s such an amazing story with lots of diverse representation (Not Your Villain, the sequel, has a trans protagonist too)
- Everything Leads To You by Nina LaCour*: I don’t think I mention this book often enough but I ADORE this book – it’s cute and fluffy and has a f/f relationship. I highly recommend picking this one up
- The Baker Thief by Claudie Arsenault*: This is a recent read for me but I adored it so much that I had to include it on this list. It has a genderfluid character, who is also aromantic. It’s also a superhero-ish story with the enemies-lover trope. You’ll love this one, trust me! Get it on it’s release date: June 26th 2018
- Simon VS The Homo sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli: Okay, so I tried to do this list without Simon because I’m always recommending it, but it’s just so good and I want everyone to read it hehe. It has a closeted gay character, and it is the cutest and fluffiest story ever.
- Autoboyography by Christina Lauren: I feel like not many people have read this story. Its such a cute story and deserves more love. Autoboyography has a m/m relationship and the story is based around a writing class, in which the students have to write a book in 3 months (I think). You can read more of my thoughts here.
- Seven Tears At High Tide by C. B. Lee: Can you tell C. B. Lee is my favourite author? But this book is so cute and deserves more attention and love. It has a gay protagonist with a cute and sweet m/m relationship. I absolutely adore this story and I like to read it when I’m feeling blue.
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde: Another one of my favourites, and you can read my review on it here. This book is in two perspectives and Charlie, one of protagonists, is a bisexual teen and eventually is in a f/f relationship. This story is the cutest and I need to reread it soon.
- The Gentlemen’s Guide To Vice And Virtue by Mackenzi Lee: This is also a recent read for me, and features a m/m relationship. I adore this book, and was actually surprised by it because I had originally thought it was a sci-fi for some reason, but it’s actually a contemporary, aha.
And that’s a wrap. Of course there are many more LGTBQIA+ books that I love, but this list would go on forever if I mentioned them all. Have you read any of these books?
What are some of your favourite books that have a protagonist on the LGTBQIA+ spectrum?