Hello friends, it’s been while. Just a quick explanation on my absence: so I had my end of high school exams in November, and took a break from social media in September in order to prepare for them. A lot of things happened whilst I was taking my mini break. I graduated high school in October, completed my year 12 exams, attended formal and celebrated my birthday in November and now I’m anxiously waiting for my results on December 14th.
During this mini break, I did very little reading because I wanted to just focus on school work, but I did end up finish the manga series that I’ve been reading for a year now, Fairy Tail. I ended enjoying the series, and have begun watching the last season of the anime. Both of which I am enjoying/have enjoyed. So basically, my September and October was filled with Fairy Tail manga, not that I’m complaining ahaha, and I’m going to rate the overall series as 4.5/5 stars. I also reread Nimona, which I enjoyed and gave it 4/5 stars.
So I told myself that I WOULD NOT buy any books during this break because I wouldn’t be reading so it’d only accumulate dust whilst I completed my exams… but guess what I went and did? That’s right, I went and bought books because why not. Plus it did cheer me up for a bit.
So to be fair, out of the 20 books I hauled, only 10 of them were bought by myself. The other half I received from friends/publishers/bloggers, which I am grateful for and thank them all from the bottom of my heart. To make this haul quick, I’ll list what I bought/received under each month (Sept-Nov):
- Percy Jackson and The Olympians box set
- American Panda (giveaway prize from Happy Indulgence)
- It Ends With Us (received from Hachette Australia)
- Summer Bird Blue (ARC copy from Shenwei)
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green (received from Hachette Australia)
- The Lady’s Guide To Petticoats and Piracy
- Cardcaptor Sakura Volume 4
- Six Of Crows Special Edition (received as birthday present)
- Escaping From Houdini (received as birthday present)
- Strange The Dreamer (received as birthday present)
- The Hate U Give (received as birthday present)
- Girls of Paper and Fire (received from Hachette Australia)
- Izzy + Tristan (received from Hachette Australia)
- What The Woods Keep
I’m slowly getting back into blogging, bookstagramming and reading, but it may take a while so please bear with me. Since school has ended, I’ve had zero motivation for anything, so I’m taking my time to build up that motivation rather than forcing it. I had heaps of posts planned for December but may not post all of them, so they may be posted later in Jan. Please be patient with me, and thank you to all the people who stayed by me during this time. Hopefully, I can do a giveaway soon to show my appreciation.
Talk to me: how have you all been? What are some recent releases you’ve read or are anticipating to read?