Hello friends! Today I will be sharing with you 5 new-to-me authors that I discovered in 2018. This post will be a list-style post because I’m a lazy bean hehe.
- Akemi Dawn Bowman: I absolutely adored Akemi’s debut novel, Starfish and am equally excited to read her next novel, Summer Bird Blue. Her writing is beautiful and Starfish was a new favourite, that was both heartwarming and heartbreaking.
- Christina Lauren: Autoboygraphy was one of my favourite books of 2018, and was a contemporary novel about religion and homosexuality. And it definitely a heartwarming novel (and for writer fans, the story is mostly focused around a creative writing workshop)
- Mackenzie Lee: The Gentlemen’s Guide To Vice & Virtue definitely became one of my favourite books of 2018 and I understand all the hype surrounding it. I think she’s become an auto-buy author for me now hehe.
- C. G. Drews: C. G. Drews’ debut A Thousand Perfect Notes was a beautifully written book with a bittersweet ending and an amazing, loveable cast, except for Beck’s mother ahah. I can’t wait to read her next book, The Boy Who Steals Houses.
- Lee Blauersouth: I discovered Lee’s writing last year due to Shealea‘s book tour that she hosted, and I was so happy I participated because if it weren’t for her, I would have never discovered Lee Blauersouth’s books, specifically Secondhand Origin Stories, which I adored (and have reviewed here)
Who are some of your recent new-to-me authors? Any authors you think I should check out soon?