I can’t believe it’s winter now. I’m so excited for cooler weather and rainy days where I can curl up and read. Though it’s been cool for a while now in Melbourne, and I’m loving the weather. June is when my mid-year exams are, but I get July off from uni and I’m hoping to read a lot during these months.
Since June is Pride month, I kinda want to read books with LQBTQIA+ rep, so these are the books I want to try to read in June (but I may stray from this list because I’m a mood reader, as I am slowly realising ahah)
- The Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare: I am so behind on Cassie Clare’s books and still need to read Lady Midnight, but I’m excited to read this one because it looks short and it’s about Malec, a ship that I adore. The adventures they probably will have sounds interesting and fun and it sounds like they’ll be finding out a lot of things about each other.
- The Caves of Arkeh:na by Melissa Sweeny: This is a cute book that I’m excited to read and it’s self-published by the author which I think is amazing. I really want to support more self-published/indie authors more. Doesn’t the cover of this book look amazing, I literally cannot stop staring at it
- I Wish You All The Best by Mason Deaver: I have been waiting for this one since I heard about it and I can’t wait to dive into it. As I’m writing this post, I haven’t received it yet *cries* but it should be coming in the following week so yes, I shall devour it asap
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston: I have heard such good things about this and after reading the synopsis, I was excited for it too! So I will probably read it this winter because all the feels + I want to read all the books I’m excited for asap so I don’t keep pushing them back down in my tbr ahahha -> this will actually only be on my tbr IF my copy ever comes. I’m 99% sure that AUS Post has lost it *cries*
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare: Okay, I really need to start this trilogy. Somebody make me read this and stop letting me procrastinate this trilogy. I want to read this before Cassandra Clare’s new series comes out (most likely gonna fail at that but one can dream)
- Not Your Backup by C. B. Lee: my preorder for this got cancelled (tbh BookDepo has been giving me so much anxiety lately ahah) but I was able to get an e-arc from the publisher, so I hope to read this one within the next few months.
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson: I borrowed this from the library and have heard good things about it so I’m excited to dive into another thriller/mystery novel. There’s also a genderfluid side character, and a lesbian romance between the side characters so it counts but not really ahaha
Other books that are on my TBR but I don’t know if I’ll actually get to them this winter:
- We Hunt The Flame by Hafsah Faizal
- Vicious by V. E. Schwab
- Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
What is at the top of your TBR at the moment? Are any of the books I’m planning to read on your tbr as well, or have you already read them? What are you most excited to read, I’m looking forward to Not Your Backup, I Wish You All The Best and Red Scrolls of Magic.