Hello my lovely friends! June is over and I’m finally free from uni for a month. I had an amazing reading month, despite having exams as well. Oops, I may have read more than I should considering the amount of study I did hehe.
In June, I tried to read a few pages a day. Because of this, I managed to read quite a bit. More books than I usually read in a month, which is nice because my TBR is diminishing and I’m happy to see it go down to below 40 books.
In June, I read 24 books, most of which I adored. I mostly gave 4 star ratings, so that’s a testimony to the amazing books I read and I couldn’t be happier. These are the books I read:
↣ Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson ★★★★✩
↣ What The Woods Keep by Katya de Becerra ✩✩✩✩✩ (DNF)
↣ The Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu ★★★★✩
↣ Descendant of the Crane by Joan He ★★★★✩
↣ As Kismet Would Have It by Sandhya Menon ★★★★✩
↣ I Wish You All The Best by Mason Deaver ★★★★✩
↣ The Caves of Arkeh:na by Melissa Sweeney ★★★✩✩
↣ Fence Vol. 1 by C. S. Pacat ★★★★★
↣ Fence Vol. 2 by C. S. Pacat ★★★★★
↣ Not Your Backup by C. B. Lee ★★★★★ (actual rating: 4.5/5 stars)
↣ Children of the Whales by Abi Umeda ★★★★✩
↣ Blue Exorcist Vol. 1 by Kazue Kato ★★★✩✩ (actual rating: 3.5/5 stars)
↣ All That Impossible Space by Anna Morgan ★★★★✩
↣ The Iron Will of Genie Lo by F. C. Yee ★★★★✩
↣ The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang ★★★★★
↣ Fruits Basket Vol. 3 by Natsuki Takaya ★★★★★
↣ Fruits Basket Vol. 4 by Natsuki Takaya ★★★★★
↣ Quest and Quandaries by Alda Yuan ✩✩✩✩✩ (DNF)
↣ The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill ★★★★★
↣ A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer ★★★★✩
↣ Vicious by V. E. Schwab ★★★★✩
↣ Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston ★★★★★
↣ We Hunt The Flame by Hafsah Faizal ★★★✩✩ (actual rating 3.5/5 stars)
↣ Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia ★★★★★
↣ Fruits Basket Vol. 5 by Natsuki Takaya ★★★★✩
I think my favourite books read in June was Not Your Backup, Eliza and Her Monsters and The Prince and The Dressmaker and my least favourite was Blue Exorcist, buuuuuut I really enjoyed all the books I read this month so that’s not to say that it was bad, it just wasn’t my favourite.
Because June was Pride Month, I also tried my best to read as many LGBTQIA+ books as possible, and I managed to read 11 LGBTQIA+ books out of 25 books, and my tbr is finally under 50 books. So I’m going to declare June the most successful reading month of the year so far.
I also did end up hauling a couple of books, but it’s okay because I was rewarding myself for my exams and for actually reading a lot ahahah.
- I received Ghosts of the Shadow Market by Cassandra Clare from Walker Books (thank you!) and I’m excited to read it (though I need to get to Lady Midnight first).
- I also caved and bought The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang after hearing so many good things. And I read it the day I got it. And LOVED it. Honestly the cutest, most heart-warming story ever.
- I want to continue with this manga series so I bought Fruits Basket Vol. 5 which I will probably read soon. It’s so so good and I’m seeing parts that weren’t in the anime, which is fun.
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston was a really hyped book that I was excited to read and suffice to say, it did not disappoint. I am IN LOVE with this beautiful and unapologetically queer book. A reread may happen soon because I am obsessed with Henry and Alex and Nora and June and Bea and Pez ❤
- I also spontaneously bought Eliza And Her Monsters and I read it in the last two days of June and LOVED IT. I relate to Eliza and Wallace so so much and wow it’s such a good book and reaches into the hearts of fans of fandoms.
What books did you read this month? What were your favourite reads? What books did you haul? I’d love to know how your June reading month was.