Hello, hello. July is over and August is here, which means back to uni I go *cries for eternity* I don’t want to go back to uni haha, but I also am looking forward to having something to do.
Anyways, this month, I read  books, which were all good. I enjoyed them for the most part. Here are the books I read and the ratings I gave them:
↣ Dear Evan Hansen by Val Emmich ★★✩✩✩
↣ With The Fire On High by Elizabeth Acevedo ★★★★✩
↣ The Bride Test by Helen Hoang ★★★★✩ (actual rating: 3.75 stars)
↣ The Tea Dragon Festival by Katie O’Neill ★★★★★
↣ Somewhere Only We Know by Maurene Goo ★★★✩✩
↣ Witchy by Ariel Slamet Ries ★★★✩✩
↣ Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare ★★★★✩ (actual rating: 4.5 stars)
↣ Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker ★★★★✩
↣ Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco ★★★✩✩
↣ Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson ★★★✩✩
↣ Darius The Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram ★★★★✩
↣ Something In The Water by Catherine Steadman ★★✩✩✩
↣ Spin The Dawn by Elizabeth Lim ★★★★✩
↣ Scythe by Neal Shusterman ★★★★✩
↣ The Promised Neverland Vol. 1 by Kaiu Shirai & Posuka Demizu ★★★★✩
↣ The Promised Neverland Vol. 2 by Kaiu Shirai & Posuka Demizu ★★★★✩
↣ The Promised Neverland Vol. 3 by Kaiu Shirai & Posuka Demizu ★★★★✩
↣ The Promised Neverland Vol. 4 by Kaiu Shirai & Posuka Demizu ★★★★✩
↣ The Promised Neverland Vol. 5 by Kaiu Shirai & Posuka Demizu ★★★★✩
↣ The Storm Keeper’s Island by Catherine Doyle ★★★✩✩
↣ Of Triton by Anna Banks ★★✩✩✩
My favourite read would have to be The Tea Dragon Festival and Darius The Great Is Not Okay and me least favourite was Dear Evan Hansen, I just didn’t like the story or the characters haha, oops.
I bought some books in June, and they all arrived in July, hence why my haul is huge (I’m still on a ban, okay hahah). These are the books I’ve hauled, and I’ve read some of them this month and enjoyed them
- Darius The Great Is Not Okay -> read this month and loved it! Such a beautiful and important read that everyone needs to pick up!
- The Tea Dragon Society -> AHHH I LOVE THIS GRAPHIC NOVEL SO SO MUCH!! It’s adorable and cute and so full of heart-warming moments. I received the Owlcrate version of the book from someone who didn’t want it anymore and I love the cover so much more than the original one tbh hehe
- The Bride Test -> I received this from Allen and Unwin for review (review will be up soon) and loved it! It’s such a good read with important representation for Vietnamese culture and for autism.
- Somewhere Only We Know -> This was a cute fluffy read, and although the romance was insta-lovey, I can’t help but still love the book and the moments that the characters spent together in Hong Kong
- Beyond A Darkened Shore -> have yet to read this one but it sounds interesting and it was really cheap so I caved haha
- A Study In Charlotte -> I’ve heard good things about this book and tried picking it up but haven’t gotten sucked in so I put it down and will try again later. Hoping to love this one because I want to read another thriller/mystery novel soon
- Undead Girl Gang -> I read and enjoyed this one, despite it being a little predictable and confusing.
- Spin The Dawn -> I read and loved this one. It’s really fast-paced and I flew through it. I don’t know how I feel about the romance, but I do enjoy the plot of the story, although part 1 seemed to have ended abruptly in my opinion.
- Scythe -> I liked this one but feel like it’s a little overhyped. It’s a good read and I flew through it but at the same time I don’t feel any attachment to the characters. Like the Thunderhead is my favourite character and it’s (he/she/they??) an AI so yeah haha.
- I Love You So Mochi -> I received an arc copy of this from Shenwei, who does so much work to spread diverse book around to marginalised, international readers. I’m excited to read this one because it sounds like a cute read.
Other than bookish stuff, I’ve recently discovered a Chinese drama, The Untamed, and it’s so so good. I’m in the progress of reading the novel and I love it and ahh, my obsession for this world/fandom is real and consuming haha. You should definitely check it out because it’s so fun and amazing and I just love it.
Anyways, I’m heading back to uni now, so I’ll probably become inactive. I’ve fallen into a slump and I also don’t feel any motivation to blog, take photos or even read sometimes. It’s an awful feeling but yeah.
How was your reading month? What was your favourite read? What books did you haul?